Readers ask: How To Read Harley Davidson Vin Numbers?
- 1 What does my Harley VIN number mean?
- 2 How do you read a motorcycle VIN number?
- 3 How do I read a VIN number?
- 4 What do the numbers mean on a VIN?
- 5 What Harley models are being recalled?
- 6 What does FLHR mean on a Harley?
- 7 Where is a motorcycle VIN number located?
- 8 How many numbers in a VIN for a motorcycle?
- 9 How do you decode a VIN number on a Suzuki motorcycle?
- 10 What do the last 6 digits of a VIN mean?
- 11 How do I check a VIN number for free?
- 12 How do you read a Chevy VIN number?
- 13 How do you read a VIN plate weight?
- 14 How do you decode a 13 digit VIN number?
- 15 How do you decode a GM VIN number?
What does my Harley VIN number mean?
Every Harley Davidson car has a unique identifier code called a VIN. This number contains vital information about the car, such as its manufacturer, year of production, the plant it was produced in, type of engine, model and more. The VIN also allows a user to get a build sheet of Harley Davidson.
How do you read a motorcycle VIN number?
The VIN is one long stretch of letters and numbers but actually divided into three sections – the first three characters, the next six (spots four through nine) and the last eight. The first three characters make up the World Manufacturer Identifier.
How do I read a VIN number?
How to decode a VIN?
- Digits 1 through 3 combined is the WMI, (World Manufacturer Identifier).
- Digits 4 through 8 represent the vehicle descriptor section.
- Digit 9 is a check digit.
- Digits 10 through 17 is the Vehicle Identifier Section.
- The 11th digit is the manufacturer’s plant code.
What do the numbers mean on a VIN?
The first group of three numbers and letters in a VIN make up the world manufacturer identifier (WMI). In this group, the first digit or letter identifies the country of origin. The third digit, when combined with the first two letters or numbers, indicates the vehicle’s type or manufacturing division.
What Harley models are being recalled?
Bikes. The NHTSA issued a recall that includes all Model Years from 2008 to 2011 of the Touring, CVO Touring, and VRSC motorcycles outfitted with ABS.
What does FLHR mean on a Harley?
FLHR. Harley- Davidson Road King motorcycle model.
Where is a motorcycle VIN number located?
Every motorcycle manufacturer displays the VIN on different locations. However, not all is lost. The vast majority of motorcycles we came across, display the VIN and frame number on the right side of the head stock tube. The VIN is usually laser-printed or stamped deep on to the frame.
How many numbers in a VIN for a motorcycle?
Whether it’s associated with a motorcycle, dirt bike, ATV, or car, each VIN is 17 characters long, and alpha-numeric, which means that they use the numbers 0 through 9 and the letters A through Z.
How do you decode a VIN number on a Suzuki motorcycle?
On a Suzuki, you will see J signifying Japan, followed by S for Suzuki and 1 for motorcycle. Recognize the next five digits as the VDS or Vehicle Descriptor Section that gives information about the vehicles specifications. Locate the fourth digit of the VDS. This gives the model version by number.
What do the last 6 digits of a VIN mean?
The last six digits of a VIN reveal the vehicle’s regular production options (RPO) and is also commonly referred to as its serial number. These last six digits identify all of the factory fitted options, as provided by the manufacturer—imagine it as the vehicle’s ‘DNA.
How do I check a VIN number for free?
You can get a free VIN check at the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB), VehicleHistory.com or iSeeCars.com/ VIN. Just pop in your car’s digits and these sites will do the VIN lookup and give you information on the vehicle.
How do you read a Chevy VIN number?
How to Decode a Chevrolet VIN?
- 1G1 = Manufacturer (Chevrolet United States)
- J = Platform Code (Chevrolet Cavalier)
- C = Platform Series Code.
- 1 = Body Style (Two-Door Coupe)
- 2 = Restraint Type.
- 4 = Engine Type (LN2; 2.2L; Gas L4 SFI)
- 0 = Security Code.
- 1 = Model Year (2001)
How do you read a VIN plate weight?
The VIN plate will display either 3 or 4 sets of weights.
- – The top figure ‘A’ is the gross vehicle weight, the Maximum Allowable Mass (MAM) of the vehicle including occupants, fuel and payload.
- – The second figure ‘B’ is the gross train weight, this is the combined maximum allowable mass of the vehicle and trailer.
How do you decode a 13 digit VIN number?
How to Decode a 13 Digit VIN Number
- Examine the first digit of the VIN number to find the manufacturer country of origin.
- Find the second digit in the VIN number sequence to determine the manufacturer of the vehicle.
- Read the third character in the VIN number sequence to find out the vehicle type.
How do you decode a GM VIN number?
GM’s format is as follows:
- 4th digit: Model platform code.
- 5th digit: Model series code.
- 6th digit: Body style.
- 7th digit: Restraint type (seatbelts and airbags)
- 8th digit: Engine type.
- 9th digit: Check digit.
- 10th digit: Model year.
- 11th digit: Factory ID.