Often asked: Who Does Harley Davidson Use To Make Their Replacement Keys?
- 1 How do I get a Harley-Davidson key made?
- 2 Are Harley keys universal?
- 3 Can you start a Harley without a key?
- 4 Can I replace my Harley key fob?
- 5 Can a locksmith make a Harley Key?
- 6 Do Harley keys have chips?
- 7 What do I do if I lost my Harley Davidson key?
- 8 How much does it cost to replace a motorcycle key?
- 9 What does the red key light mean on a Harley?
- 10 How do you start a Harley with dead fob?
- 11 What does the red light on a Harley speedometer mean?
How do I get a Harley-Davidson key made?
Just passing thru. Bring your title into Harley dealer they can cut you a key or get you a key code that a locksmith can use to make you your key. Remove ignition lock or secondary lock (helmet or gas tank or seat lock) take it to a locksmith and they will make you a key. RIDE ON!
Are Harley keys universal?
No they are not unique either. Other people have a key just like yours. It is a good idea to record the number the plastic. If you ever lose your keys you can have Harley make you a copy from that number.
Can you start a Harley without a key?
If you have a security-equipped Harley-Davidson, you know that without your key fob present, the bike will not start. Using the left turn signal to cycle through the digits and the right turn signal to select and move onto the next slot, you enter your personalized five-digit PIN and your bike will start.
Can I replace my Harley key fob?
Replacement key fobs can be purchased and assigned for your motorcycle by a Harley-Davidson dealer. A unique number is attached to a tag on the key fobs. Write your key fob number in the space provided in the front of this manual.
Can a locksmith make a Harley Key?
Can a locksmith make a Harley Davidson key? Yes. Most locksmiths can originate a new key for your bike within minutes.
Do Harley keys have chips?
There is no Chip in the Key.
What do I do if I lost my Harley Davidson key?
While it’s advisable to have a spare cut before you lose your original, there are ways to get a new key. A locksmith can use your bike’s ignition cylinder code or the entire ignition cylinder to make a new key. You also have the option of reordering a key from a local dealer, using your bike’s VIN.
How much does it cost to replace a motorcycle key?
A: Average Motorcycle Key Replacement (Lost all keys) is $100 – $175.
What does the red key light mean on a Harley?
The red “key” light is telling you that the security system is operational. The fact that it goes out after you start it up means that the security system is disarmed.
How do you start a Harley with dead fob?
STARTING YOUR HARLEY-DAVIDSON WITH YOUR KEY FOB
- Choose a five digit code (with each digit being 1-9) Keep this somewhere safe!
- With your assigned FOB present, turn ignition key ON – OFF – ON – OFF – ON.
- Press left turn signal indicator two times.
- Press right turn signal indicator one time then release.
What does the red light on a Harley speedometer mean?
With the Ignition switch off, put the bike into the “run” position, then turn on the ignition. This should put your bike into diagnostics mode. Use the “Trip” switch to cycle through the codes. anyway.that red light means check your codes!