FAQ: Who Sells Harley Davidson Keys?
- 1 How much is a replacement Harley Davidson key?
- 2 How do I get a key for my Harley?
- 3 What do I do if I lost my Harley Davidson key?
- 4 Are Harley keys universal?
- 5 Can you start a Harley without a key?
- 6 Do Harley keys have chips?
- 7 How many key fobs come with a new Harley?
- 8 How much is a replacement motorcycle key?
- 9 What to do when you’ve lost your keys?
- 10 How do you open a locked motorcycle door without a key?
- 11 What is a barrel key?
- 12 What’s the best motorcycle lock?
How much is a replacement Harley Davidson key?
Compare to other motorcycle and car key, Harley Davidson key is one of the best keys to lose. The average cost for a replacement key made by vin is $50 and can be done by most if not all local authorized Harley Dealer.
How do I get a key for my Harley?
Just passing thru. Bring your title into Harley dealer they can cut you a key or get you a key code that a locksmith can use to make you your key. Remove ignition lock or secondary lock (helmet or gas tank or seat lock) take it to a locksmith and they will make you a key.
What do I do if I lost my Harley Davidson key?
While it’s advisable to have a spare cut before you lose your original, there are ways to get a new key. A locksmith can use your bike’s ignition cylinder code or the entire ignition cylinder to make a new key. You also have the option of reordering a key from a local dealer, using your bike’s VIN.
Are Harley keys universal?
No they are not unique either. Other people have a key just like yours. It is a good idea to record the number the plastic. If you ever lose your keys you can have Harley make you a copy from that number.
Can you start a Harley without a key?
If you have a security-equipped Harley-Davidson, you know that without your key fob present, the bike will not start. Using the left turn signal to cycle through the digits and the right turn signal to select and move onto the next slot, you enter your personalized five-digit PIN and your bike will start.
Do Harley keys have chips?
There is no Chip in the Key.
How many key fobs come with a new Harley?
The motorcycle comes from the factory with two key fobs.
How much is a replacement motorcycle key?
A: Average Motorcycle Key Replacement (Lost all keys) is $100 – $175.
What to do when you’ve lost your keys?
Keep reading to learn what you should do.
- Contact your insurance company. This applies to both lost or stolen house and car keys.
- Call the police.
- Change your locks.
- Watch out for locksmith scams.
How do you open a locked motorcycle door without a key?
Minors and children should not attempt these steps without adult supervision.
- Use a Locksmith.
- Contact a Local Bike Shop.
- Use a Lock Pick.
- Use a Plastic Pen (BIC/Biro Style Pen)
- Use a Shim to open the lock without keys.
- Cut the Lock off Yourself.
What is a barrel key?
Barrel keys are similar to bit keys, but they have a hole at the tip that permits them to slide over a post within the lock.
What’s the best motorcycle lock?
The Best Motorcycle Locks Are:
- Kryptonite 000884 Keeper 5s Yellow Disc Lock – Best Motorcycle Disc Lock.
- BigPantha Motorcycle Lock.
- The Club UTL810 Utility Lock.
- Trimax T665LY Hardened Metal Disc Lock.
- MYSBIKER Motorcycle Alarm Disc Brake Lock.
- Kryptonite New York FAHGETTABOUDIT 14mm Chain and Disc Lock.